Mom....Of...The....Year.


Paige broke her pinky finger!  Isn't that sad!?  Yes, I think so.  

The worst part about this, for me anyway, is my award part of it.  Yes folks, January 21, 2012 and I'm already looking to win "Mom of The Year."  What qualifies one for such a high honor?  

Well, just this: So, Paige started mentioning sometime last week that her finger hurt, that even her wrist and the side of her hand was bothering her.  As much as I love this kid, she kinda complains a lot about things in general, so being always busy cooking, cleaning and the like I kind of said, "Oh, I'm really sorry honey but I'm sure you'll be okay."  It was mentioned, in passing several times.  

Sooooo...fast forward to last night when Paige was kinda whiny and tired and the like before Shad and I went out for a late dinner.  We were in our bedroom watching TV (it's date night!) She came up and kind of crying told me, "Mom!  My finger REALLY hurts and it's swollen and bruised!"  I said, "Come here, let me see this finger!"  She did.  I paled.  

The finger in question was rather swollen, black and blue, and generally not looking like a finger that should have been ignored for three days!    I felt terrible!  Also, just to add icing on the cake, I asked her how she knew it was "swollen."  I mean, does a nine year old know what that means?  She responded and said, "Oh - yeah, my teacher looked at it and told me."  Wow.  I'm all kinds of awesome.  And her teacher knows it.

She was very tired last night and it was late so I took her to the doctor this morning and they X-rayed it and found a little V-shaped brake just below the second joint.  It's splinted and will be for four weeks.  And I.....well, I will be a better, more attentive Mom in the future!  

I "pinky" promise. :/

Comments

Sunny said…
Give yourself a break. My sister broke every metatarsal in her foot and my mom didn't take her to the doctor for a week because she could still move her toes. By the time she went to the doctor she wasn't even limping. We're all just trying our best. Keep that chin up.
Nikki said…
Aww, I can totally see that happening to me. In fact, maybe I'll take a look at Bun's foot he's been complaining about yesterday and today...